Tuesday, June 17, 2008

2007 Argentina Red Stag Hunt

What can I say about Argentina. To begin with, I can't believe that got to go there. It was an adventure on so many different levels. It was a different culture, the people spoke a different language, the scenery was magnificent, and I was hunting a free ranging animal not found in the U.S. -Awesome!
I flew into Buenos Aires, then caught a plane to Bariloche, from here we drove 3 hours to the ranch. We hunted the foothills of the Andies Mountains (Patagonia region). The stags were in the middle of the rut and pre-occupied with the hines. This made it easy to look over a lot of animals. I was able to harvest 2 free ranging Red Stags and 1 Fallow deer. This was an adventure of a life time. If anyone has the chance to do this, they should! My only regret is not spending more time after the hunt to explore Argentina a little more.



This stretch of river is on a lot of post cards from Patagonia. You can see why, it's beautiful!


This is my trophy 14 point free ranging stag, He had about 12 hines with him and was running around roaring, trying to keep them from being stolen from other stags.



This fallow deer was a bonus to a great hunt!

This was a management stag that they let me harvest.
If any of you haven't had stag, it is delicous and you should try it.
This is the lodge we stayed in. Top notch. I slept well and the food was first class.
Roaring stag.

4 comments:

Mary Bentley Williams said...

Oh Argentina, my old home sweet home. It really is beautiful there and I'm so glad you had a GREAT experience. we are loving the hunting blog, it's perfect. Way to go Brooke! You know there are a lot of dead animals all over the freeways here, I bet there's some good hunting in London. You have a place to stay if Sportsman's is interested in a little Canadian something or other. You run it past them. Mares

Brooke said...

Hi Honey,
It's me...I tagged you, check out our blog for details!

Mindy said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures. We've watched several episodes of this hunt, and it looked awesome! Maybe someday...

Spencer said...

Lucky!