Tuesday, June 17, 2008

2006 Kansas Whitetail hunt

In December of 2006 I got a invitation to go on a whitetail hunt in Kansas with the guys from Mossy Oak. I had never hunted Kansas before but I knew of the reputation it had for growing big bucks. Needless to say I was excited and had some pretty large expectation going into this hunt. Kansas did not disappoint! Oh yeah, you got to love that! There were some other hunters in camp that week from Remington. They decided to put a rifle up for the hunter who harvested the largest buck. Well I was lucky enough to harvest the biggest buck. - never saw the rifle! I am not going to complain. Harvesting this buck was stinking awesome and reward enough!
I actually passed on this buck twice before I shot him. I saw his short G4's and thought that I could do better. It seems fate gave me a 3rd chance at him. I'm glad it did!


Beautiful deer!

The Buck ended up scoring 148

Mossy Oak guys with Dave

No comments: