Monday, June 16, 2008

2006 British Columbia Moose Hunt

In 2006 my dad and I had the adventure of a life time in British Columbia, Canada. We hunted for 10 days near McBride, B.C. and saw some of the most beautiful scenery in the world! Huge mountains, Glaciers, vast stands of pines as far as you could see. Everything was so green. This was a game rich environment but we battled a full moon and hot temperatures, which made the hunting tough. On the 8th day the temperature started to cool and I harvested my first wolf and a small whitetail. I was pumped! On day 9 my dad shot an awesome moose with a 12 inch dropper. Unfortunately I went home without a moose but I will never forget this experience! I was able to spend this moment, in an amazing place, with the man who instilled in me a love for the outdoors. - Check out the photos!
Glacier and really big mountains.
Wild Blueberry's (Bear food). They tasted so good!
This was my first Wolf . I was pumped to get a black one.
My Guide told me to shoot this buck. Don't always listen to your guide!
I was still happy that I was able to tag something after 8 days of seeing nothing.
My dad's first moose. 12 Inch dropper, way cool! I am so glad I was able to share this experience with him!