Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Texas, over the years.

Quanah, Texas is such a fun place to hunt! Mike Poe has invited myself, friends, and family to come down to hunt and film with him every year since 2004. I have so many fond memories and we always have a good time with lots of laughs. I also harvested my first whitetail deer, Turkey, Quail, and Pig all on Mike's lease . -that is something! I might even say that it is my favorite place to hunt and hang out with good friends! - Thank you Mike for being one of these good friends, and making this possible year after year!

In 2004, I got this deer on the last day, last hour of the hunt. It was my first time whitetail deer hunting and I was desperate not to go home empty handed. I had never rattled before but I thought I would give it a try. I had nothing to lose! I rattled and suddenly this deer came running out of the brush. After the shot, I was so excited I couldn't stop yelling and jumping up and down.

2005 buck. I also rattled this deer in.

Good friends and work associates Jim and Shane.
These 2 Toms pictures here lined up perfectly and I got both with one shot. There are thousands of Turkeys on Mike's place. It's almost like a pestilence!


Dad's first whitetail deer! 10 point, Nice job Dad!

Mike Poe, Matt and I.

My best friend Matt shot his first whitetail deer here in Texas. This is one of the biggest deer taken off of Mike's place.

My first pig! I had to shoot this pig in self defense. He was coming at me, I took the shot at 10 yards. I got to enjoy this experience with good friends Chris and Josh.
Josh also shot his first whitetail on this trip.

My 2007 TX whitetail deer.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

This hunt looks sweet! Someday I will join you on this one.

Rymeng said...

Hey Rich,
It is good to see you again. It has been a few years since Texas. I hope all is going well for you and it looks like they are. Email me if you would like at: rymeng65@me.com. Pictures look great.

Your Comp,

Ryan Meng

Amy said...

RICH! you guys are in TX right now and it's killing me I had to stay home! I'm hoping you had a great time and had fun in that "target rich environment"!! I'm thinking someone's going to connect on a good buck!
-Sterz