Monday, June 16, 2008

2003 Archery Elk Hunt

I was lucky enough to draw an great archery elk tag in Utah, my first time putting in. That's right FIRST TIME! Feeling that this was my opportunity at a good bull, I did a lot of pre-scouting and research. In the end I stumbled upon this Bull. He stretched the tape at 366 P&Y. I was able to share this experience with good friends Blake, Matt, my brother Spencer, and best of all my beautiful wife Brooke. Brooke camped out with me, woke up early, hiked all over the mountains, but in the end had to miss the day I harvested this elk, because of work. Thanks Honey for loving me and being my companion in the great outdoors! Also, thanks go out to Blake for your great calling skills, Matt for saving all our backs by bring his horses, and Spence for hauling out those impressively heavy antlers.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

What a sweet memory. I literally ran out of my philosophy class to go see this beast. What a cool day.

Mindy said...

I still dream about shooting a great bull like that!

Rich said...

Mindy, hopefully this will be your year. I'm excited to hear how your hunt goes! It sounds like a good one.