Monday, June 16, 2008

Alberta Black Bear Hunt!

I recently went to Alberta on a black bear hunt. It was exciting, I didn't come home with one but I saw A LOT of bears, had a great time. While I was there I drove my first John Deere tractor. It was cool. Nothing runs like a Deere!!



You think my tractors sexy?



This 4 1/2 foot bear was in the tree right next to my stand. The bear didn't know what to think of me. I got a ton of pictures of him, here are a few. It was cool getting that close. My heart was pounding!






Texas Aoudad Hunt 08

In February I went to Texas with friends Steve, Matt, and his sister Mindy. We hunted 2 hours east of El Paso in a cholla infested desert. When walking, if you looked up to long you ran the risk of being covered in this nasty stuff! The hunting was great. We saw tons of game animals. As Steve West would put it, "it was a target rich environment"! Hunting free ranging Barbary Sheep was very challenging. Thay are cool animals. The terrain was beautiful even for a desert. I'm hooked and going back next year!




Cholla Cactus, Ouch!

My first free ranging Auodad and Javellina.


Mindy, Matt, and I with Mindy's Auodad.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That was a fun hunt, wasn't it?! Can't wait to get our Aoudads back. And hopefully you and Matt get some more this winter.

Spencer said...

Oh how sweet the Cholla feels when it is stuck in your arm. It reminds me of our Mexico hunt.