Tuesday, June 17, 2008

November 2005 South Dakota Deer/Buffalo Hunt

In 2005 my dad had bypass surgery, scared us all, and almost left this world. He woke up with a new lease on life and had the desire to experience some things that he had always wanted to do. We discussed it, and decided to book a hunt with the jump off buffalo ranch in South Dakota. My dad had always wanted to harvest a buffalo and wanted a chance at a big mule deer. We felt like we had pretty good opportunity here. When we got to the ranch in the badlands of South Dakota, we discovered we not only had good opportunity at buffalo and deer but that we were hunting a place that was home to prehistoric dinosaur bones. This just added to the adventure! We had a fun filled couple of days. -Thanks dad for the great memories!

Mount Rushmore!
Dads Buffalo. fulfilling a dream!
My 28 inch wide mule deer. When we saw this deer we both thought he was 30 inches wide.
My dad's 26 inch wide buck with an in line extra point. I had my dad belly crawling in the grass to get in position for a shot. He ended up shooting him at 30 yards. Nice work dad!
South Dakota ring necks. I think my dad enjoyed this hunt the most.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

I would love to go shoot some pheasants in South Dakota soon.